Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sea Urchins?


Shirt Two for last week-how productive! I had this lavender button up that I had been meaning to do something with for about 2 years. I wouldn't normally wear lavender, unless it had something kind of neat on it.

I tried to make this into a shirt that had a few sea urchins. I wanted something simple, just sea urchins silouhettes. Well after cutting the stencils and painting the first one, I realized that this more looked like I had been attacked with a paintball gun, or a 1950's comic book fight scene. Instead of fighting it, I went with it, and just made an interesting pattern/design out of it.

I will try again to make a sea urchin shirt one day, but I think I will just make the image in photoshop, and pass it on to a print shop for silk screening. Detail is pretty hard in stencil and airbrush, but damn it.. I want an urchin shirt!

Hope you likey
Posted by Picasa

No comments: